At The&Partnership we bring ideas and technology together to power brands and businesses. As one of the world’s fastest-growing independent agency networks, we are increasingly known for developing bespoke new model agency solutions for clients across the globe. We call this The&Model and the premise is very simple. Agency Creative, Strategy, Media, PR and Data/CRM, all working side by side, solving problems as one collaborative team with the client. A rapidly changing market requires a radical new approach to marketing. We work alongside our clients’ marketing departments – often with other agency partners – in new, nimble ways to deliver highly creative, data-driven work quickly and efficiently. We’ve seen record growth over the past two years – expanding across 17 new markets and doubling in size against a challenging industry backdrop.
The&Partnership and Our Client
In September 2020 The&Partnership was appointed to build a global in-house content agency for our client'a new tobacco category products. The appointment was driven by our client’s desire for a new global digital partner to help them transform how they produce digital content to support the global growth of new category brands. The&Partnership will be responsible for the end-to-end content framework, from setting digital strategies across social, CRM and web to content creation and global delivery (markets include US, Germany and Japan). The newly formed Content Studio will be a fast moving ‘marketing newsroom’ building banks of creative assets, that are created, distributed, measured and improved in real time. The content produced will be for products that offer customers a greater choice of more enjoyable, less risky products and not for traditional cigarettes. The agency will play a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of these new categories which reduce the health impact our client's business.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, passionate Interpreter with previous experience in an advertising agency environment. A great communicator who can work with a diverse range of teams on agency and client side. The successful candidate needs to be native with Japanese and English language in verbal and written form in order to translate in both directions. She or he will need to be responsible for owning the day to day interpretations for all team members within the agency team (23 people in-house at client office) or with the client. The successful candidate should have or show interest in Japanese digital and social platforms, local and social culture and nuances. Tobacco industry experience is a plus not a disadvantage. In general, you need to be positively buoyant; resilient and up for a challenge, whether it be responding to a colleague or client queries.
Core Skills / Experience:
• At least 5 years experience as an interpreter JP/EN/JP in an agency environment
• A passion for communications – a great communicator
• Strong writing and proof-reading skills from JP to EN and EN to JP
• A self-starter with an eye for detail
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment working to tight deadlines with the ability to multitask
• Ability to work across client /agency departments to deliver cross-functional interpretations Key responsibilities
• Day to day interpretations JP/EN and EN/JP for casual and formal meetings or any form of written documentation
• You will be the only interpreter in the team Personal attributes
• Collaborative team player, open minded, transparent and non-political
• Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, design and business • Self-starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
• Strong ability to listen, learn and adapt
• Energised by supporting our team and clients; solution and results focused
• Positive, enthusiastic, unflappable
• Strong motivation and drive to succeed