At The&Partnership we bring ideas and technology together to power brands and businesses. As one of the world’s fastest-growing independent agency networks, we are increasingly known for developing bespoke new model agency solutions for clients across the globe. We call this The&Model and the premise is very simple. Agency Creative, Strategy, Media, PR and Data/CRM, all working side by side, solving problems as one collaborative team with the client. A rapidly changing market requires a radical new approach to marketing. We work alongside our clients’ marketing departments – often with other agency partners – in new, nimble ways to deliver highly creative, data-driven work quickly and efficiently. Backed by the might of WPP and GroupM, we’ve seen record growth over the past two years – expanding across 17 new markets and doubling in size against a challenging industry backdrop.
The&Partnership and our client
In September 2020 The&Partnership was appointed to build a global in-house content agency for our client's new category products (Velo, glo and Vype). The appointment was driven by our client's desire for a new global digital partner to help them transform how they produce digital content to support the global growth of new category brands. The&Partnership will be responsible for the end-to-end content framework, from setting digital strategies across social, CRM and web to content creation and global delivery. The newly formed Content Studio will be a fast moving ‘marketing newsroom’ building banks of creative assets, that are created, distributed, measured and improved in real time. The content produced will be for products that offer customers a greater choice of more enjoyable, less risky products and not for traditional cigarettes. The agency will play a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of these new categories which reduce the health impact of our client's business.
You will be part of the content studio working closely with the Creative, Business, Strategy and Delivery teams as well as the client teams building a highly integrated team onsite at the client. The role requires the ability to understand our client's business objectives and translate these into appropriate UX / UI design solutions.
You will play a critical role in growing and strengthening the client’s Experience Design capabilities to help our clients unlock customer experience success through human-centered interface design combined with cutting-edge creativity.
· Lead Product/UI and cutting edge digital experience design in a cross-functional team setup, very visual driven
· Escalation point with day-to-day design problems. Mentor and grow team, ensure quality in craft
· Interfacing with clients to present design work, articulate design decisions, gather feedback, and recommend the best actions with a solid understanding of business priority, user needs, and tech constraints.
· Interfacing with Front End Developers & BAs / Ability to judge and advise on the quality of digital product implementation
· Identify opportunities to enhance BAT’s digital experiences through innovation. Focusing on technology, applications, or enterprise solutions and applying design thinking to drive BAT’s business growth.
· User Scenario/Journey Design: Create more user scenarios based on the experience strategy and maximize the task and output of the digital experience strategy.
· Has the ability to understand users’ pain point and do the competitor analysis. Refine, and analyze the needs from users, from clients, and from the products
· Data-Driven User Experience Optimization: understand monitoring data, make suggestions based on data analysis and deliver the reports.
· Innovation: engaging with clients within the context of their business challenges to identify opportunities to enhance their digital experiences through innovation.
· User research: Familiar with the methodology, can guide team members to develop research proposal and questionnaires, participate in the research process, independently completethe research report which includes but is not limited to customer needs research and findings, user needs research and study, usability testing and user experience assessment etc.
· Highly integrated and collaborative way of working with our client and the studio team members so that it feels like one team
Skills and Experience Required
· 5-7 yrs of experience working as a Digital product designer / UI designer, 2+ years experience working as a Lead Designer in a team setup
· 3+ years experience working in Japan and understanding the Japanese culture
· Proven hands-on UX experience (user flows, information
architecture, user testing, etc.)
· Master of digital product design tools - Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD
· Prototyping skills (Figma, Framer, Protopie, or in Code) are required.
· Advanced Knowledge in Design Systems/Component-Based Design +
· Documentation (Figma, Zero Height, Storybook, Jira/Confluence, etc.)
· Understands brand and has the confidence to augment a brand guideline with digital identity and languages, patterns, and behaviors
· Familiar with agile methodologies
· Experience in managing design teams
· Experience in working in a cross-functional team
· Deep understanding of business needs and requirements from clients across various industries
· Understands tech constraints for design (AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, etc.)
· Experience consulting in an environment with multi-country/cultural teams, working with client stakeholders across marketing, strategy, analytics, technology & IT
- English Language minimum: Business
- Japanese (added benefit/not a disadvantage