Geometry Ogilvy Japan GK was established in April 2019 as a partnership between Geometry Global and The Ogilvy Group to enhance our offering to brands in Japan in support of their business ambitions and marketing objectives. We believe in the power of creativity to drive meaningful change that delivers positive business outcomes. Now more than ever the ability for an agency to flex and adapt to clients changing needs is vital in the application of communications, brand experience, commerce and technology. Our blend of global and local expertise and marketing capability is designed to meet the challenges of today while setting our clients up for success from tomorrow and beyond.
Geometry Ogilvy Japan is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WWPGY).
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing Experience team at GOJ. This person will play a critical role in connecting cross-functional teams to help our clients define and delivery solutions that bringing impactful digital products and services to life.
- Engage with business stakeholders and customers to understand how insights-driven changes to processes, products, services, and solutions can improve efficiencies and add value. Translate those insights into actionable, precise business requirement documentation and product roadmap with the help of solid analytical and product management skills.
- Drive planning, requirement gathering, and prioritization sessions regularly. In charge of product vision, responsible for collaborating and initiating discussions between business and cross-functional project teams, ensuring the design and implementation outputs fulfill the requirements using clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Work with internal stakeholders, set up, standardize, measure, and evolve agile business analysis/product management processes to facilitate efficiency, collaboration, and innovation in everyday workflows.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, storyboards, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Examine the practices, policies, procedures, systems, processes, goals, strategies, tactics, performance and personnel of businesses to see if they are meeting their potential.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), scenarios, where appropriate.
- Create and maintain product backlog, user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Work with UX and product designers to review design outputs and make sure they fulfill requirements
- Work with the tech team to verify feasibility, technical needs and dependencies of product requirements and proposed features
- Help organize and lead meetings with stakeholders to uncover new requirements, capture product decisions and drive prioritizations
- Participate in review/testing of product releases to ensure that the requirements were implemented correctly.
- Create and maintain user guides, reference manuals, and training materials as appropriate.
- Documents process workflow using Business Process modelling tools such as Visio.
- Business-oriented and strategic understands how products, services, processes, and dependencies impact overall business and the customers.
- Able to conduct interviews with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements and information
- Able to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the true underlying needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Able to pull, analyze and translate data into meaningful and actionable recommendations
- Have experience working through the design process, familiar with design tools such as Figma to reference and develop documentation
- Have a good understanding of various tech verticals and how systems, products, and tools work. E.g., Cloud solutions, SOA, micro-services, mobile, CRM, eCommerce, CMS, AdTech, and DAM.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Experience working in a cross-functional, multi-cultural team
Tools that candidates better to have experiences are :
- Confluence, JIRA, Notion etc
- Microsoft Visio
- Pen, paper, and post-it