At Social@Ogilvy, we design social business solutions that use the collaboration and advocacy strengths of social media to drive value internally and in customer relationships while managing risk.
We believe strongly in…
– Fully integrated solutions for a new customer/stakeholder journey
– Global shift calls for the largest network of Social Media strategists
– Social Business Solutions that can drive customer and internal value across the enterprise
Being a leading Social Media Marketing Team, we have produced award-winning strategies and works, even attaining Gold for Marketing Agency of the Year and Silver for Campaign Asia Agency of the Year in 2017.
About Head of Social@Ogilvy
Rika Sharma has firmly established her position as a thought leader in the Digital, Social & Content space has played a crucial role in bringing in new business, creative & client accolades for her and the agency. Her digital and integrated marketing experience pans over a decade's experience working both on the client and agency side across APAC, North America and D&E markets, globally.
She has been named one of Asia’s most influential digital media professionals by the World Brand Congress in 2015, and one of Campaign Asia’s Top 20 Women to Watch the very same year. Just recently at the Hall of Fame Awards, Rika also bagged Business Head of the Year.
About the Role:
At Ogilvy & Mather, we believe that “Creativity drives Effectiveness”.
The Social Creative Director is a newly created position for the Social and Content business within Ogilvy & Mather which is growing exponentially, garnering key regional and local clients and becoming central to both the Agency & Client ‘s businesses.
With the Social Media team gaining Industry recognition, winning blue chip clients, expanding its content team rapidly, it has become vital that the business needs an award-winning Creative Director born to lead and inspire teams, well-versed in managing senior client relationships, an avid user of social media, a technology enthusiast, a storyteller at heart who knows how to utilize social media platforms & formats as vehicles to enrich the consumer experience.
With this comes great responsibility but also immense opportunity to set a vision, mentor the content team, shape and drive the creative product in partnership with the Head of Social.
This a new wave creative: A Dreamer, A Doer and A Maker. Crazy enough to think that he/she can change the industry. Always a team player.
• Be a storyteller that is able to translate creative to different social media platforms and formats. In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Messenger and YouTube
• Be a respected creative leader and trusted teammate for your core creative team, agency teams, partner agency teams, and various client teams
• Provide creative leadership, solutions and problem solving for innovative social brand and social ecommerce creative; consistently delivering on-brand, on-brief, high-quality, campaign-integrated concepts and executions
• Lead creative presentations for concepts and executions to internal and external stakeholders
• Remain current on industry, cultural, and technology trends, and look for opportunities to proactively incorporate them into your team’s creative concepts; don’t always wait for a formal assignment, sometimes you need to initiate it
• Lead, train and mentor creative art directors/designers, copywriters, producers and editors to maintain consistent creative quality and produce award-winning work
• Make it a priority to help the content team achieve annual and career-specific goals
• Partner with your account team, social media strategists, content managers and media planners; and proactively integrate with other brand strategists, creative leads and production teams
• Get your hands dirty when necessary; don’t be afraid to jump in and do the work if needed
• Constantly think beyond advertising and social media platforms; anything that drives conversation, engagement and conversion on social
• 10 years of experience in a creative leadership role and managing a creative team (advertising and past 5 years in digital, social media or publishing/content)
• Experience leading social media creative efforts
• Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables; must not be afraid to confront the problems
• On-going drive to understand emerging techniques, digital design trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
• Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget/schedule; be aware of your deadlines and how to get there
• Excellent oral and written presentation and communication abilities, internal and external
• Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
• Proven mentoring and team-building skills
• Experience leading creative for large brands is preferred
• Experience with our client’s key target audience (20-35 YOs) is preferred
• Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, ideally, they should be produced)