At Social@Ogilvy, we design social business solutions that use the collaboration and advocacy strengths of social media to drive value internally and in customer relationships while managing risk.
We believe strongly in…
– Fully integrated solutions for a new customer/stakeholder journey
– Global shift calls for the largest network of Social Media strategists
– Social Business Solutions that can drive customer and internal value across the enterprise
Being a leading Social Media Marketing Team, we have produced award-winning strategies and works, even attaining Gold for Marketing Agency of the Year and Silver for Campaign Asia Agency of the Year in 2017.
About the Role:
At Ogilvy, we believe that “Creativity drives Effectiveness”.
The Social Creative Director is a newly created position for the Social and Content business within Ogilvy & Mather which is growing exponentially, garnering key regional and local clients and becoming central to both the Agency & Client ‘s businesses.
With the Social Media team gaining Industry recognition, winning blue chip clients, expanding its content team rapidly, it has become vital that the business needs an award-winning Creative Director born to lead and inspire teams, well-versed in managing senior client relationships, an avid user of social media, a technology enthusiast, a storyteller at heart who knows how to utilize social media platforms & formats as vehicles to enrich the consumer experience.
With this comes great responsibility but also immense opportunity to set a vision, mentor the content team, shape and drive the creative product in partnership with the Head of Social.
This a new wave creative: A Dreamer, A Doer and A Maker. Crazy enough to think that he/she can change the industry. Always a team player.
• Be a storyteller that is able to translate creative to different social media platforms and formats. In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Messenger and YouTube
• Be a respected creative leader and trusted teammate for your core creative team, agency teams, partner agency teams, and various client teams
• Provide creative leadership, solutions and problem solving for innovative social brand and social ecommerce creative; consistently delivering on-brand, on-brief, high-quality, campaign-integrated concepts and executions
• Lead creative presentations for concepts and executions to internal and external stakeholders
• Remain current on industry, cultural, and technology trends, and look for opportunities to proactively incorporate them into your team’s creative concepts; don’t always wait for a formal assignment, sometimes you need to initiate it
• Lead, train and mentor creative art directors/designers, copywriters, producers and editors to maintain consistent creative quality and produce award-winning work
• Make it a priority to help the content team achieve annual and career-specific goals
• Partner with your account team, social media strategists, content managers and media planners; and proactively integrate with other brand strategists, creative leads and production teams
• Get your hands dirty when necessary; don’t be afraid to jump in and do the work if needed
• Constantly think beyond advertising and social media platforms; anything that drives conversation, engagement and conversion on social
• 10 years of experience in a creative leadership role and managing a creative team (advertising and past 5 years in digital, social media or publishing/content)
• Experience leading social media creative efforts
• Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables; must not be afraid to confront the problems
• On-going drive to understand emerging techniques, digital design trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
• Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget/schedule; be aware of your deadlines and how to get there
• Excellent oral and written presentation and communication abilities, internal and external
• Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
• Proven mentoring and team-building skills
• Experience leading creative for large brands is preferred
• Experience with our client’s key target audience (20-35 YOs) is preferred
• Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, ideally, they should be produced)