You will be part of the global / regional creative team on the one of the businesses at Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore. Your primary responsibility will be for the global account, which is run out of the Singapore office. Whilst the beauty category will be your focus and specialty, you may be required to work on our other brands.
We see this as a mid – level, step up role for someone who is ambitious and sees the account as a significant creative opportunity to develop global work for a marquee client. The global account is undergoing a radical transformation and is the focus of great attention, efforts and resources within Ogilvy. This position will play a central part in this transformation and in being part of the world-class team leading it.
To succeed in this role, you need to:
- Write succinct, sharp and striking copy that excites audiences and triggers immediate engagement in few words
- Feel equally at ease writing sharp TVC’s, digital content, single page press and striking outdoor headlines
- Understand the world of beauty – the language, the products, the specialness, the allure of the possibility
- Help develop consistent delivery of a brand tonality that reinforces the distinct, authentic, authoritative and feminine values of the brand (and also the required tonality for the masculine range)
- Illicit authentic and striking verbal performance from talent during filming that supports the brand tonality
- Consider yourself first a wordsmith than then a storyteller
- Write in English as a first language
To help you do this, you will be part of a diverse cultural team of ambitious talent in our Singapore office. You’ll benefit from strong integrated account and planning partners who are eager to help create, support and execute big platform ideas – ideas which will be seen by millions across the world’s most exciting region and, we hope, the rest of the globe.
You will need to have or quickly develop sufficient cultural sensitivity and insight to appeal to consumers in Asia and rest of developing world.
Creative and Strategic Vision
- Creates in accordance with and contribute to the development of clear executional guidelines that support the brand strategy
- Able to develop and articulate campaigns that can form the basis of engaging multi-media campaigns, especially new mediums like digital and social.
- Knows how to communicate their own or others point of view/ ideas in interesting and thought provoking ways both internally and externally.
- Outcome Driver - Creates a climate for self and team to deliver results
- Energetic and able to handle complicated creative development process to deliver results.
- Overcoming complex obstacles like qualitative and quantitative research.
- Shows calm and flexibility when under extreme pressure, and is able to have a calming influence on others.
- Seeks out and uses best methods to build continuous improvement for self and others.
- Resilient – able to manage client feedback and identify a better solution
- Innovative Problem Solver - Embeds innovative thinking into the core of their business activity
- Creates fresh and innovative concepts that are not obvious to others
Continually challenges the status quo.
- builds and develops team spirit
- Comfortable working with other key disciplines in an integrated communications agency; Account Management, Account Planning, Production etc.
- Works in partnership with others from diverse cultures or with different values, and actively seeks to involve them.
- Consistently generates a climate of collaboration with colleagues and clients.