You will be part of the global / regional creative team on the one of the businesses at Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore. Your primary responsibility will be for the global account, which is run out of the Singapore office. Whilst the beauty category will be your focus and specialty, you may be required to work on our other brands.
Integrated thinking is essential as you will be working on all communication platforms, social media, TV etc.
We see this as a mid – level, step up role for someone who is ambitious and sees the account as a significant creative opportunity to develop global work for a marquee client. The global account is undergoing a radical transformation and is the focus of great attention, efforts and resources within Ogilvy. This position will play a central part in this transformation and in being part of the world-class team leading it.
To succeed in this role, you need to:
- Think conceptually and solve business problems presented by the client
- Understand the importance of the “big idea” and how well the work reflects it within the framework of the clients’ brand
- Understand the marketing objectives and demonstrate an ability to deliver the “message” through design
- Create and conceptualize multiple concepts for new assignments
- Assist in the preparation of presentation boards
- Ability to execute ideas flawlessly--paying particular attention to design, layout and typography.
- Contribute to the communication, demonstration and evolution of the Ogilvy creative product to clients at the highest possible standard
- Interact with the client and account management to gain a total understanding of the client’s business strategy and the market in which it is competing
- Provide formal feedback for performance evaluations of team members at the close of a project
- Assist in the recruitment and development of the creative team
- Key creative client interface and creative strategist
- Ability to guide and mentor junior creative talent in developing their creative talent
- Partner with Account Management to sell creative ideas to clients
- Independent leader who can take a brief, assign the appropriate team and lead conceptualizing the “big idea”
- Proactively contribute toward a portfolio of best practices and emerging issues
- Build a personal portfolio of exceptional third parties: photographers, illustrators, production houses and talent
- Strong understanding of “360” and how Ogilvy is uniquely placed to harness it to meet our clients’ objectives
- Awareness of emerging trends in web-based, wireless technologies for online and printing techniques and emerging trends in offline marketing
- A great eye and an even better communicator
- For interactive art direction, demonstrate a high level of competence in Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop and Sound Design.
- For offline art direction, demonstrate a high level of competence in Quark (where appropriate), Freehand, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Thorough understanding of graphic design, page layout, typography, photography and illustration techniques
- Demonstrated leadership in concept development in direct marketing, on or offline
- Be able to execute concepts to a visual standard for client presentations
- Proven ability to develop client relationships in order to push the client in accepting the correct creative answer to their business problem, not the safe answer.
- Strong sense of how direct marketing communication should be implemented
- Willingness to embrace both online and offline projects.
- A point of view on how interactive, direct marketing and advertising work together today and how this may evolve
- Understanding of brand, product, digital media, and how people interact with each of them
- Proven ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Habitually on top of inspiring, cutting-edge trends and developments
- Successful experience working with and selling to clients
- Ability to direct creative teams, photographers and other 3rd party creative groups
- Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities
- Independent thinker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments