Basic Purpose: We are looking for a Group Account Director with experience in integrated marketing and organizational transformation on one of Asia’s largest and most high profile global business – FMCG account.
A key part of the role is to drive integration between social, digital, shopper and advertising within Ogilvy and to work with partners closely. Consequently they need to be able to identify barriers and develop solutions to overcome them. Experience and comfort with digital and integration is essential – but not looking for a technical specialist.
The GAD is responsible for health and growth of account relationship and responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of relationships between our company and clients, the quality of all deliverables and the integration of ideas and resources across functional groups. They oversee strategy and business development for their category. They draw on a wide range of client-specific experience to help create a big-picture perspective for clients' online business efforts.
• Contribute to pre-sales efforts, including proposal generation and development of new service offerings.
• Closely monitor scope management and identify instances of scope creep
• Seeks additional revenue opportunities by always being aware of scope changes, upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities with in a customer’s organization.
• Personal involvement in and management of all projects – this is a hands on business, with senior clients being very focused on details of all projects.
• Oversee and ensure the quality of client deliverables; e.g., timely, on strategy/objective, meeting Ogilvy standards.
• Rationalize and deliver projected revenue from existing clients, direct and participate in initiatives that generate new revenue from clients.
Provide senior level Ogilvy contact with clients to register and resolve questions, express needs and communicate business and service issues, as well as monitor the health of the Ogilvy relationship and ways that Ogilvy can boost their business.
• Guide project teams in crisis situations with clients and get involved personally to help resolve these situations, as appropriate
• Lead creation and development of annual account plans and participate in regular account reviews with project teams and account management.
• Oversee interactive/direct marketing strategy development and execution by Account management and consulting team
• Ensure effective staffing levels and quality of staff for required client deliverables including business development proposals.
• Manage regular revenue and pipeline reporting.
• Manage customer satisfaction evaluation process and achieve 90% satisfaction rating.
• Manage pipeline forecasting, account planning and account review process.
• Commit Ogilvy on overall relationship issues (e.g., contracts) in concert with Managing Director, and assist with the development of new sustained compensation agreements (retainer, AOR).
• Lead day-to-day management and development of the account services group including monitoring staff performance and spearheading recruiting efforts.
• Adhere to company guidelines, such as timely completion of performance reviews and time sheets, accurate revenue forecasts and achieving average utilization of 65% or better.
• Routinely review client roster with management to assess business potential and profitability of account relationships.
• Make sure that reporting and operation procedures of account management are efficient and evolving to address changing client and management needs (e.g., contact reporting, status and revenue reports, etc.).
• Support creation of Statements of Work and support generation of cost estimates.
• Oversee the timely the production of clear, concise written documentation for project deliverables.
• Oversee account's revenue performance reporting and the creation of effective revenue tracking and forecasting.
• Write white papers and case studies on account management best practices and emerging issues.
• Serve as the internal expert for account management.
• Contribute to 360’ pitches and business development.
• Expands knowledge of additional software and new technologies as they develop, where applicable, and keeps abreast with industry/category best practice.
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.)
• Education/ Experience: BA from an accredited school
• 8 + years of increasing levels of responsibility and experience managing services and project related business; preferably with a combination of marketing, branding, business process, and ideally, tech industry exposure.
• Must exemplify leadership and excellence in both client management and in new business development.
• Consulting services experience preferred.
• Must have the ability to personally develop a strong external presence for the company.
• Experience managing large staff organizations with service and business development incentives.
• Thorough understanding of marketing new media techniques including Internet, Intranet and extranet development, as well as understanding of overall marketing strategy and integrated communications.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to develop and motivate a team and assist with the integration of the Account Management group within Ogilvy
• Superior written and verbal communication skills and outstanding presentation abilities.
• Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients.
• Ability to manage several projects at once.
• A source of innovation, passion and creative vision.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments.
• Must have strong financial management skills.