We make brands matter to customers and customers matter to brands, and delivering that means you have to be passionate about the power of ideas. Ideas that transcend channels and boundaries; ideas that build powerful connections and engagement with consumers. As customer engagement experts, our job is to make the idea work at an individual level - regardless of channel. So a day in the life can be planning out a product launch campaign: Talking to 3rd parties; bringing together the right specialists to make something that's never been made before; negotiating with media owners, breaking rules with client approval formats. Or a day in the life may mean ensuring a micro-site goes live: making sure every last detail is QA'd, releasing a press ad to a newspaper or creating a piece of film content. Whether it's big or small, a day in the life of a Junior Project Manager at Ogilvy is about making things happen.
As a Junior Project Manager, you are responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of key client tasks and projects. You are the person who makes everything run like clockwork: you use charm, persuasion, tact and superb project management skills to keep things on track and on budget. You’re a natural and creative problem solver who knows when to bring in senior support and who pro-actively offers solutions when things go wrong - usually with a cool head and a plan B to hand. You treat the client’s money as though it were your own and can balance the varying demands of scope, ambition, time and budget with ease. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day management of interactive marketing programs and Web development projects. The individual will work with the Account team and Discipline Leads (Creative, Information Architecture, Content Strategy, Digital Strategy, Digital Technology, etc.) to define project scope, cost and time parameters. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals.
Above all else we rely on you for 3 things. Make great work that meets client objectives, makes teams proud and drive our business.
1) Make great work that meets client objectives
• Engage with clients, account, planning and production teams, alongside senior delivery team members where required, to ensure a full understanding and definition of client requirements.
• Work alongside senior delivery colleagues to carry out initial scoping and feasibility exercises in order to set up projects and determine delivery approach, ensuring that the project objectives are realistic and achievable within the time-frame and budget specified.
• Manage assigned projects from conception to completion, to time, to budget and expected quality.
• Co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the project and work closely with the other teams throughout the agency as appropriate.
• Organise and participate in project meetings with project teams and agency peers.
• Create and update the statement of work and time plans, with oversight from senior delivery team where required.
• Together with account management take responsibility for project budgets.
• Ownership of all project deliverables.
• Assess feasibility of concepts using your senior delivery team to support where required.
• Resourcing assigned projects in full.
• Accurately assess, communicate and manage project risks and issues. Escalating to your senior delivery lead where required.
2) Make great work that makes teams proud
• Build strong relationships with your project teams and clients.
• Demonstrate attention to detail throughout the life cycle of a project.
• Ensure that all assigned projects have a clear brief.
• Be able to manage change effectively and calmly in a hectic environment. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
• Reliable and determined with the ability to make things happen.
• Always taking responsibility for your actions.
3) Make great work that drives our business
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
• Liaise with the client and account teams to ensure that any changing client needs are scoped into the project and if appropriate, new costs or timeframes are negotiated with the client.
• Successfully deliver the project using third party agency support, negotiating the best deals possible whilst maintaining the highest quality.
• Ensure NDA’s are in place for all 3rd party suppliers
• Tracking of budget vs actual to ensure budgets are maintained within tolerances.
You get a kick out of building relationships with project teams and are client facing. You’re an enthusiastic listener, who offers their own ideas at every opportunity.
You’ll share the following Personal Attributes
• A team player that is flexible, committed and keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
• Calm and patient under pressure.
• Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment.
• Detail oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Assertive and proactive.
• Presents him/herself in a polished, professional way.
• Able to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest details.
• Anticipates and manages risk.
• Has a “will not fail” attitude.
• Very high degree of personal motivation and professionalism.
• Has a positive mental attitude and able to get along with different personalities. “Makes it fun”. Sense of humour an advantage
You will need to bring energy, commitment and a desire to learn in an industry more varied and multi-faceted than ever. We are looking for people who are passionate about making great work and bringing organizational flair to the team.