You will take ownership of the creative direction of Ogilvy’s customer experience and commerce domain, across an impressive client portfolio. You will play a lead role in shaping the digital interactions that millions of Singaporean and Asian customers experience each day, and will work at the intersection of customer needs and business objectives, all whilst pushing technological boundaries to deliver beautiful, elegant, and highly usable solutions.
You will have opportunity to shape the design methodologies on projects, driving forward design thinking, ideation and conceptualisation, resulting in well-formed insights and opinions for our clients on their product offerings online and offline. You will serve as a guide and mentor to our UX and visual designers, maintaining creative integrity and elevating the team’s ability to design beautiful, functional, and usable digital touchpoints, including mobile apps, responsive websites, and online applications.
You will contribute to the development and advocacy of user-centred design, processes, methodologies and standards within Ogilvy and vis-á-vis our clients and partner firms.
You take research insights, engage directly with clients, analyse customer needs and behaviours, business objectives, and technological opportunities, and devise customer experience strategies and creative technology concepts for our clients.
You guide the creative development of all our products and artefacts, constantly seeking to elevate our quality while remaining efficient and profitable. Collaborating with the Ogilvy creative department, you will seek to create award-winning unified work across all domains of the business.
You are able and ready to be hands on, muck in and work with the team with sketching and designing, leading by example.
In summary: you’re responsible for quality, creativity, consistency and overall design excellence across our work.
• Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers and visual designers.
• Assist with recruiting, assess, hire, develop, and retain an organisation of outstanding Experience Design personnel, and help to deliver a core experience design vision for Ogilvy across all client products
• Build strong relationships with internal teams including client services and work to identify new business opportunities across client portfolios
• Advocate responsibly and effectively for users in a fast-paced, creative technology environment with demonstrated day-to-day design leadership that facilitates a shared understanding of the intersection between design, content, business, and engineering
• Develop design guidelines, design concepts, sketches and UI mocks
• Work closely with clients to identify and define business requirements
• Lead and participate in ideation and design workshops internally and externally to develop brilliant design concepts
• Ability to sketch high level strategic concepts that answer user and business needs and detailed interfaces to communicate design intent
• Foster and build upon the growing experience design community at Ogilvy across the region
• Assist with mentoring, guiding and developing team members to fulfil their potential within the industry and at Ogilvy
• Oversee the implementation of solutions and provide tactical interaction design as required
• Present your work and that of others confidently to senior clients
Abilities and requirements
• 7+ Years of experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture or Industrial Design with 2 years in a lead role
• A strong portfolio or work samples showcasing your UX strengths, creativity, consideration for the user combined with seamless integration of best practices for user-centered interface and interaction design
• In-depth experience designing digital products, web and applications with a demonstrated ability to deliver elegant design experiences for complex problems
• Well versed in UI / interaction design, mobile responsive and native app design, and a wide range of usability patterns
• Must have a solid understanding of branding, design principles and application of best practice to digital touch points
• A keen eye on the future of technology and merging of digital and physical
• Mature design aesthetic, with an intuition for delivering simple, visually engaging experiences
• Proven effectiveness working across organisational and business boundaries to identify, define, manage, and deliver work opportunities
• Clear articulate communicator with top presentation and interpersonal skills
• You will be comfortable communicating design concepts to all audience types clearly and effectively
• Proven ability to lead and manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced creative agency environment
• Well-informed knowledge of design and technical boundaries with an ability to produce designs that push limits but are technically feasible
• An innovative spirit, an unquestionable enthusiasm to question and learn, and a sense of humour
• Empathy, curiosity, and the drive to learn more all the time
• Experience of service design and the wider customer experience discipline is highly desirable