The Digital Art Director is expected to deliver in many areas beyond guiding the development of a great creative product: to act as an ambassador of the company; to be the creative voice in innovation; be a partner to the Executive Creative Director; involvement in the digital team; be a visionary for where the company needs to be creatively in the future.
We are looking for a Digital Art Director to complement their existing Creative team. The ideal candidate will be from the Advertising industry, will have good people management skills and a passion for the business.
The Digital Art Director will work on existing company digital platforms, web and mobile, and when required on new products in development. In this role you’ll contribute to different projects, either with your team, with external agencies or independently.
• To work on digital/interactive projects independently, within a team or in partnership with external teams according to an agreed brief
• To participate in defining the design brief or setting up the design concept to answer the brief for new multi-platform projects
• To develop design ideas and basic concepts into fully worked out digital/interactive solutions for new projects
• To have a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with services and make use of this knowledge in the development of new projects.
• To understand usability and navigation issues and integrate these into the overall design concept
• Liaising with creative team to ensure that designs communicate the intended message, brand identity and look and feel, and that content structure and information architecture is correct
• To research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
To re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
• To keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Working experience in animation is desirable
• Experience of working in a digital creative agency OR an education with a strong digital design element
• Knowledge of digital commercial revenue streams
• The candidate must have an excellent design portfolio that showcases their skills in creating digital assets, links to personal blogs or Twitter streams are desirable
• Typesetting, design and layout skills
• Some knowledge of accessibility standards
• Knowledge of different digital platforms – web, mobile (iPad and iPhone, BlackBerry, Android), applications
• A passion for digital design
• An eye for detail
• Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
• Patient and flexible
• Good communication skills