ABOUT SOCIAL GROUP AT OGILVY & MATHER
At Social@Ogilvy, we design social business solutions that use the collaboration and advocacy strengths of social media to drive value internally and in customer relationships while managing risk.
We believe strongly in…
– Fully integrated solutions for a new customer/stakeholder journey
– Global shift calls for the largest network of Social Media strategists
– Social Business Solutions that can drive customer and internal value across the enterprise
In Singapore, the Social Media Marketing Team has produced award-winning strategy and work, even attaining Gold for Marketing Agency of the Year and Silver for Campaign Asia Agency for SEA for 2017. The Social & Content team consists of over 35+ specialists and has been growing exponentially, garnering key regional and local clients and becoming central to both the Agency & Client ‘s businesses.
With the Social Media team gaining Industry recognition, winning blue chip clients, expanding its product capabilities, it has become vital that the business needs a strong Second In Command (2IC) to support the Group Head of the Social Business to lead and inspire teams, manage senior client relationships, be an experienced Social Media expert (driving creative effectiveness by leveraging data).
Job Title: Director, Social@Ogilvy
Reports to: Managing Partner, Group Head Social, Ogilvy & Mather
Time Commitment: Singapore 70%
Regional Role: Social Care and Innovation lead
Time Commitment: 30%
Reports to: APAC Regional Managing Partner, Social
Overall: Direct Reporting to Rika Sharma with dotted for 30% to Andreanne
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a Singapore-based role with 70% time commitment to be part of a multinational team of young and passionate digital marketers with diverse backgrounds, ranging from screenwriting to international finance, the Senior Director is the team’s leading expert in digital brand planning and building. There is also 30% time commitment to build the Social Care capability across Asia Pacific, manage the offering for a key client and drive incremental revenue for the product.
As a Director, you are expected to demonstrate thorough knowledge, passion, commitment, and expertise on the following. This is not the exhaustive list of your responsibilities but the most important ones include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and integrate digital strategy into the overall marketing plan. Understand the client’s business problems and use data & analytics to create digital strategies that seamlessly integrate with other channels: ATL, PR, out of home, in store, etc. This involves collaborating with the Integrated Agency Team and/or the internal team involving planning, creative, PR, Media, and other professionals to produce several rounds of Brand Engagement Toolkits or other identified outputs.
• Understand consumer behaviour and brand positioning across several markets and counsel local teams to execute campaigns in an efficient and grounded way that consumers would engage and understand. This could involve multimarket coordination.
• Understand the relationship between brands and digital channels. You are expected to have expertise in understanding how digital channels work, how consumers behave and use the channels, and the social context brands operate on.
• Mentor and provide thought leadership. Be on top of the latest trends and developments in the digital space that could potentially impact business and clients. You are expected to initiate cascades, speak to internal teams and undertake workshops.
• Build and nurture client relationships. Understand what keeps them awake at night and what are the challenges and visions for their businesses. Offer solutions and be the counsel championing digital in their businesses. This involves a proactive approach of coming to them with insights and solutions or proposing digitally centric projects that could push the needle.
• Write cohesive briefs and collaborate closely with Data Analysts & Creative. As a strategic lead, you are the perfect bridge between strategy, planning, and creative. You do not only understand how things work theoretically, you also understand how strategy should translate into content to be understood by consumers. You use this knowledge to write cohesive, feasible, and grounded briefs and to guide them in ideation. You do not just lead strategy meetings. You participate in brainstorms too.
• Lead and mentor dedicated team members. As a senior leader of the team, you are expected to possess the trifecta of skills that should have brought you to where you are: data & strategy, creative understanding, and business. You are expected to manage a team of digital team members with different skillsets under you, mentor them, and design their career paths.
• Say YES and NO at the right time. We want to please our clients and internal teams. We want them to see our value. However, this doesn’t mean you’ll say ‘yes’ to everything they ask from you. At the same time, you don’t want to always say ‘no’ and be seen as not collaborative. In your position, you are expected to use good judgment based on the situation.
• Contribute to a stress-free and fun Social@Ogilvy Singapore culture. The team is composed mostly of millennials who require a certain leadership style to retain and grow. We strive to have work-life balance. You are expected to be strict when needed to get compliance on policies. We know when to laugh at ourselves or when to take each other seriously. We are sociable beings and open communication and looking after each other are key to the success of our team.
• Leading three Key client relationships independently
• Building Product Capabilities & Services: Social Care and Crisis Alert with financial targets to drive incremental growth for the Agency
• Actively leading and winning New Businesses for the Social Singapore Team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Regional Role 30%, Social Care and Innovation Lead)
• Social and digital product and innovation expert focused on business transformation and growth for clients and the agency.
• Play a consultancy role to market leaders and APAC senior regional leadership relevant to product expertise.
• Engagement with key clients to open new opportunities for local offices.
• Provide strategic support and guidance on major briefs.
• Empower and support teams across the region in their efforts.
• Identification of technology stack, pricing approach, and other key elements related the product.
• Build and maintain relation with key partners.
• Provide markets guidance in implementing best practices, increasing the sophistication and efficiency of our products and services.
• Create a network of experts and enable connections between markets for scaling and knowledge sharing.
• Works and collaborate with the network experts globally.
• Contribute to the product’s revenue target. Business Plan to be develop in partnership with APAC Regional Partner.
• Produce collaterals for distribution to clients and Ogilvy teams. (Capabilities and Implementation material for selling and training.)
• Deliver though leadership pieces and case studies.
• Lead in the preparation new business proposals.
• Support key markets and key clients.
• Market enablement.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 12 years of experience, able to work independently and face clients confidently
• Someone who can understand and quickly ‘get’ the Asia Pacific region - be it consumers, the business context etc
• Positive attitude and a great team player
• Agile collaborator