TODAY Ogilvy and Mather (TOM) is the leading international Advertising Agency in Myanmar. With a strong local heritage going back 20 years, Ogilvy bought into the TODAY Advertising operation in 2012 as soon as sanctions were lifted, and we remain at the top end of the market, working with some of the leading clients in the country: Coca-Cola, BAT, Unilever, Nestle and the national carrier: Myanmar National Airlines. The Group includes Advertising, a strong PR division, Social@ and we are starting a Digital division imminently. Currently there is a headcount of 43 and strong growth is planned. Patrick Plutschow has been recently brought in as Executive Creative Director with a brief to ensure that TOM continues to be ahead of the competition - by a distance.
TOM is a company of ‘firsts’ – we are constantly breaking new ground, and introducing new ideas, new concepts and new techniques to the market as well as creating creative benchmarks. It is our job at TODAY Ogilvy & Mather to make sure that we are at the forefront of this change and are leading and advising our clients, ensuring that they are ahead of the game
We are looking for someone brilliant to be second in command within the creative department. Someone to take responsibility for 360 accounts, to conceive and oversee TV work, to create brilliance from not huge budgets with the power of an idea and beautiful execution, and very importantly to inspire and lead the local team of very talented but largely inexperienced locals.
This is someone who is hands on, and a practitioner – an experienced art director, or designer who can roll up their sleeves and be pragmatic when required. It is someone who understands both the power of an idea and how to execute that. It will be someone who has worked in developing markets and knows that you can create great work in these environments.
It is the opportunity for someone ambitious to really make his or her mark in this fast developing communications market.
It is someone who can think big and create a legacy – certainly by developing the enthusiastic team members around them.
The key responsibilities are:
- Acting as ACD on key accounts complementing the work of the CD
- Thinking strategically about 360 creative solutions and responding confidently internally and with clients
- Have outstanding skills in art direction or design including typography, ideally someone who knows their way round some copy too
- a multi-talented multi-tasker comfortable doing everything from TVC concepts to digital banners, from brochures to buses.
- Leader, mentor and trainer to the team
- Nimble, dynamic, resilient, energetic, innovative with a ‘can –do’ attitude
- Strong in crafting copy (English) and able to guide the local copywriters
- A bright and magpie like thinker who can inspiration from anywhere
- Hungry and ambitious to make their mark in Myanmar
- Confident and positive with clients who can build strong relationships
- Adventurous traveller who can integrate well into the Myanmar environment. Someone willing to try and learn the language.
- A strong practitioner, who can create a strong aesthetic
- An inspiring and effective leader and teacher
- Fast and pragmatic when required
- Someone who can develop strong contacts amongst the Myanmar creative community
- Someone who can think digitally (within the context of Myanmar)
- Confident and engaging, but calm and effective under pressure