The account comprises a portfolio of Ogilvy’s most significant global businesses, covering the insurance and technology sectors.
It is a highly complex account, demanding a high level of collaboration with the client servicing and media teams to provide financial support through the efficient control of finance processes and the management of key project lifetime milestones.
To ensure that finance procedures comply with client contractual obligations and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
The Finance Executive function has time-critical periods and it is the expectation that this role will be filled by an individual who is able to manage their, and others’, time to ensure that billing, reconciling, reporting and other deadlines are consistently met.
Control of project job lifecycle
• Assist client servicing and media teams in preparing job pricing estimates
• Ensure quoted invoicing terms align to latest contractual guidelines
• Ensure that applicable exchange rates align to latest contractual guidelines
• Ensure cost estimates are signed-off by client on a timely basis
• Ensure that fee charging methodologies align to latest contractual guidelines (eg. media commissions, staff plans)
• Ensure that media tool charges align to latest contractual guidelines (eg. TEM, media comm)
• Collate all required documentation for submission to the client for them to raise a PO
• Alert to delays in receiving verifiable signed approval of all documentation supplied to client
• Ensure that purchase orders are received from clients before work commences
• Create and manage system job numbers
• Ensure PO details are aligned to latest project documentation versions.
• Monitor and track changes to project documentation, and revise documents accordingly for client to raise new or amended PO (e.g. change in media plans/staffing plans/production costs).
• Acknowledge client’s PO in the system and advise account servicing team
• Ensure timely and accurate billing to clients, based on estimate billing terms
• Work with account servicing/media team and client to manage billing queries/disputes/payment delays
• Ensure that vendor PO’s are raised based on media plan and/or estimates and share the same with the media team.
• Interlock with the media team to confirm if changes in the media plan or scope of work, updating vendor PO’s as appropriate.
• Management of project WIP
• Organize and attend project WIP meetings with Client Service and Media teams
• Ensuring all jobs run efficiently to budget and deadline
• In charge of all day to day project queries
• Update client PO trackers
• Work with vendors to manage invoicing queries/disputes/payment delays
• Review vendor invoices and provide payment advice to shared service team
• Schedule reconciliations upon job completion to ensure that time-critical deadlines are met
• Liaise with vendors and intercompany to ensure that actual vendor costs are submitted promptly and are aligned to respective vendor PO amounts.
• Resolve invoicing disputes with vendors and agency team.
• Collate all project documentation in support of job reconciliation.
• Ensure reconciliation is done within three months of project/campaign completion
• Maintain meticulous shareable up-to-date project documentation filing system.
• At least 1 year of relevant experience in Finance/Accounting/Billing/Invoicing
• Meticulous, with a keen attention to detail.
• Can-do attitude.
• Ability to manage and plan for project timings and key milestones.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments (client servicing, media).
• Pushes for change and proactively seeks ways to make processes better, more innovative, more effective, smoother running.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.