Take ownership. It's your responsibility to the agency and your client that every piece of work is being done to the highest quality, on time and on budget. Drive this in everything you do.
- Be proactive, persistent and result-driven. Think about what to the client needs, why and how to rationalise it.
- Curious, a pro-active learner, always open for new ideas, continually looks to learn and improve in their roles. Think big and act smart.
- A can-do attitude. There are always problems but great account people find solutions. Be an innovative problem solver, anticipate potential obstacles and develop plans and contingency plans to overcome them.
- A skillful collaborator who is open to bringing in the right experts from the client problem. Displays the appropriate levels of influencing, consulting skills externally and internally works well with peers across different disciplines, titles, backgrounds to pursue overall success of the agency.
- Have a deep understanding of scope and timing plans. Have the ability to coordinate your delivery team to maximize work efficiency and productivity and communicate this all to the clients.
- Manage multiple projects (of varying complexity based on level)
- Understand, learn and play an active role in the development of campaign strategy. Whether it be the big idea, the communications strategy or customer journey. Account are responsible for driving this with the right domain partners. "
Leadership & People Management
- The Account leader. You are responsible for managing a broad team of account management, folks as well as multiple disciplines around a client challenge.
- Take ownership of all projects. You lead by example and clearly demonstrate to other domains expectations from them and the client.
- You are partners. You demonstrate partnership to your program management teams and other disciplines.
- You are mentors. You take an active interest in the needs and career paths of your team and assign them feedback and tasks specifically giving them the best opportunity to grow.
- You manage up. As blooming senior leaders, you are responsible that not only are you business directors informed, but you know how and when to share information with domain heads and senior management.
Ultimately responsible for the quality of Ogilvy deliverables to clients. Works tirelessly with domain and delivery teams and clients to guarantee this.
Integral player in the management of the client relationship with senior and mid-level clients. This includes but is not limited to the handling (and challenging) of key client briefs, projects and requests. Be congizant of the political climate facing clients and be able to translate that back to the agency.
Finds opportunities within his clients to deepen the relationship. Leverages Agency domains to expand upon the day to day.
Resolves issues for clients no matter the issue with agency (price, relationship etc.) Know when to step in: Protect junior team issues stemming from or caused by Ogilvy or even by clients.