You’re the go-to person on the brand, culture, and consumers. Your thirst for knowledge fuels your growth. Your curiosity and consideration give you insights that will inspire great ideas.
As a strategist at any level you are assimilating information: making it digestible and useful to everyone around you, from your boss to the broader team. You need to be able to shrink lots of data into just the right bits that help bring people up to speed quickly; saving them time and increasing their knowledge base. People look to you for knowledge - you have an eye for the zeitgeist and bring forward topical ideas proactively. You are curious about people and what makes them tick. And you help apply this knowledge to unlock ways of creatively growing your clients’ businesses and brands.
In this role you’ll develop core craft skills and a solid foundation.
Your focus as a Brand Strategist:
- Developing campaign and communications strategies based on business / brand goals
- Representing the agency’s strategic viewpoint in front of clients
- Leading creative briefings with agency teams
- Responding to and helping to improve creative work
- Creating positioning territories and Big IdeaL statements
- Developing strategic communications platform ideas
- Developing / Supporting the development of creative channel strategies
The skills you learn and apply:
- Writing presentations that establish a clear and persuasive POV
- Creating action plans for research: analysing tracking studies and setting up / conducting qualitative research. You provide guidance on what techniques to use and when.
- Collaborating and knowing how to “work the building” – borrowing skills from others to solve your thornier challenges
- You understand how brands are constructed and how that informs more than just advertising
- You’re comfortable with different branding techniques, e.g. purpose building to archetypes.
- How to establish your presence and authority in front of clients and colleagues
- Running client workshops in partnership with colleagues to create collaborative solutions
- Writing case studies and awards entries
The qualities that will make you successful:
- Construction of compelling narratives
- Manage 2-3 projects simultaneously
- Confidence to work independently
- Can lead small pitches alone
- Able to influence others & build client relationships
- Relentless curiosity
- Exceptional analytical / writing skills
- Articulate and persuasive
- Strong work ethic
- Fun to work with
- 3-6 years’ experience
Personal Data Protection Act
At Ogilvy we are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected and never misused. Personal data collected will be used for assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the organization and verifying your identity and accuracy of your personal details and other information provided.
By submitting your application for this position, you are authorizing Ogilvy to: a) collect and use your personal data, and disclose such data to any third party with whom Ogilvy or any of its related corporation has service arrangements, in each case for all purposes in connection with your job application, and employment with Ogilvy; and b) retain your personal data for 1 year for consideration of future job opportunities (where applicable)