You’re becoming an established client lead and have their confidence to guide them to integrated solutions that meets their business needs. You are experienced at orchestrating multiple capabilities and problem-solving to pull the solutions off flawlessly.
With 7+yrs related industry (consulting, digital, agency) experience, you have a solid foundation of managing clients and developing senior level client relationships. You’re driven by our mission to make our clients’ brands matter, and fundamentally believe that creativity has the power to change fortunes. You are becoming a trusted advisor to clients, which means you have a track record of delivering consistently to a high standard while striking the right balance between protecting client and agency interests. Clients discuss business issues with you looking for your advice. You’re adept at leading the quartet and leveraging your relationships with internal and external stakeholders to overcome any obstacles for your project.
Your focus as an Account Director:
- Make our clients’ brands matter by bringing together the best mix of Ogilvy capabilities to solve business problems.
- Facilitate and lead best-in-class modern marketing work that delivers business success for clients and builds agency reputation.
- Become a trusted advisor to the clients to build client satisfaction and intimacy which opens up new growth opportunities for the agency.
- Independently lead integrated accounts of up to $1M.
- Be able to successfully lead medium-sized new business proposals or pitches (up to $1M), and work with Team Leads on larger pitches (>$1M)
- Responsible for margin growth/protection along with the PMO - including joint ownership of locally agreed targets.
The skills you learn and apply:
- Understanding of what makes great work and what it takes to make it happen.
- Ability to stream briefs into the right workflow based on past experience and a strong understanding of integrated marketing communications principles.
- A solid understanding of all capabilities (e.g. strategy, social, CXT, PR&I, creative) to be able to facilitate the best work throughout the whole process.
- A good understanding of modern marketing capabilities (e.g. data analytics, CX, martech etc.) and have experience in integrating it into every applicable project.
- Relationship-building with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate project outcomes.
- Ability to think ahead from both technical expertise (of project management and production) and relationships to smooth problem-solving.
- Having the EQ to facilitate multiple specialists, personalities and opinions.
- Building the foundation of a trusted client advisor, you are able to listen to client needs without agenda and give them the best advice that strikes the right balance of protecting client and agency interests.
- Start dealing with senior clients and lay the foundations for senior client relationships.
- Work with the PMO to ensure smooth, timely delivery, as well as margin growth/protection on projects.
- Manage at least 1 direct report to impart client service skills and groom them in their growth and promotion. You indirectly manage several supporting team members from different capabilities for each project as you are client lead.
- Keep up to speed with industry trends and Ogilvy IP (the MBM OS, Big Ideal, Fusion & DAVE) by being curious and well-read.
The qualities that will make you successful
- Relentless curiosity - Strong work ethic
- Articulate and persuasive - >7 years’ relevant experience
- Reliable and mature
- Ability to build strong connections - Strong verbal and written communications skills